I am a Ph.D. student in Robotics at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and the Minnesota Robotics Institute, University of Minnesota Twin Cities and a member of IRV LAB advised by Junaed Sattar. My research interests include field robotics, robot vision, computer vision. Thanks to my Electrical Engineering background, I have worked on hardware side of robots not just algorithms. Although I have mainly focused on the problems in the underwater domain, I am interested in solving robotic problems using vision-based approaches. Outside of my research hours, I like to be active (e.g., swim and play tennis). I am also a certified scuba diver. Check out my research projects and publications.
2021.06 I presented our paper Semantically-Aware Strategies for Stereo-Visual Robotic Obstacle Avoidance in ICRA 2021.
2021.02 Semantically-Aware Strategies for Stereo-Visual Robotic Obstacle Avoidance accepted for publication in ICRA 2021. The manuscript will be updated here by the end of March.
2021.01 Updated a new website.
An Instance-Segmentation Labeled Dataset of Trash Observations.
A Bounding Box Labeled Dataset of Underwater Trash.
- A Generative Approach Towards Improved Robotic Detection of Marine Litter,
- Towards the Detection and Localization of Underwater Trash by Autonomous Robotic Platforms, University of Minnesota VCAI Seminar, ICRA presentation, 2020.
International Journals/Conferences Reviewer
||2021, 2020, 2019|
||2021, 2020, 2019|
Faculty Hiring Commitee
- Student Representative, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota
Selected Honors and Awards
- UMII MnDRIVE Graduate Assistantship, University of Minnesota MnDrive, $50,000. Awarded in recognition of academic record and potential for future research productivity in Robotics, 2019
- Summa Cum Laude, South Dakota State University (GPA: 3.96/4.0) (Top in the EE program), Dept. of EE, 2015
- Power System Protection Scholarship, Schweitzer Engineering Lab. (SEL), $4,000. Awarded in recognition of outstanding academic and personal achievements, 2015.
- BENNET Fellowship, South Dakota State University, $3,000. First international student recipient. Awarded to one student annually in recognition of outstanding academic and personal achievements, 2014.
- Samsung Full Scholarship, Sung Kyun Kwan University, $40,000. Awarded in recognition of outstanding Korean SAT score and high school GPA, 2007-2015.
Do it fast, do it correctly